There are several possibilities to arrive to Lithuania and Kaunas:
• by flight
- to Kaunas airport. There are number of direct and connecting flights via Riga from all biggest European cities of regular airlines AirBaltic, there are also RyanAir flights from Berlin (Schoenefeld), Birmingham, Bristol, Brussels (Charleroi), Dublin, Edinburgh, Frankfurt (Hahn), Liverpool, London (Luton), London (Gatwick), London (Stansted), Oslo (Rygge), Paris (Beauvais), Tampere;
- to Vilnius airport (regular flights from many different European cities);
• by train - to Kaunas railway station (info phone: +370 37 221093, 292260) from Riga, Moscow, Warsaw etc;
• by bus - to Kaunas bus station (info phone: +370 37 322222) from Minsk, Riga, Warsaw, Praha, Berlin, Munich, Paris, Rome, Athens etc.
There are three means of most popular regular public transport in Lithuanian cities - buses, trolleybuses and minibuses.
Transportation to campus of Aleksandras Stulginskis University from Kaunas or Vilnius:
1. Transportation from Kaunas railway station or bus station
From Kaunas railway station, bus (terminal) station or Kaunas downtown to Aleksandras Stulginskis University (6-7 km distance from City center) by taking bus No 18 (price 2 Litas, ticket in kiosk or at driver) or by minibus No 56 (price 2.5 Litas, ticket at driver) direction "Akademija" or "LŽŪU". The buses are available at street near bus and railway station buildings (street Vytauto prospektas) or in the downtown street Kęstučio gatvė. Taking minibus No 56 to University campus (Lietuvos žemės ūkio universitetas) by stop it by rising hand and asking to stop at bus station “Bendrabučiai” (near the hostel No 5) or “LŽŪU 4 rūmai” (IV building of ASU where conference center is located). Taxi from Kaunas downtown to ASU costs ca 20 Litas.
Timetables of public transport in Kaunas are available at http://www.marsrutai.lt/kaunas/en/
2. Transportation from Kaunas airport
After arrival to Kaunas airport transferring to Kaunas railway and bus stations by bus No 29 and following the transportation instructions above. Taxi to Kaunas downtown or directly to ASU campus is available from Kaunas airport (price ca 50 Litas).
3. Transportation from Vilnius airport
By bus No 1 (http://www.marsrutai.lt/vilnius/en/#Routes/Bus) or airport train (costs 2.50 Lt, takes 8 min., timetable of departures: http://www.litrail.lt) to Vilnius railway/bus station (the same area).
From railway station take train to Kaunas. Timetable of trains to Kaunas at http://www.litrail.lt
From bus station which is in front of railway station taking bus to Kaunas. Buses are leaving every 20-30 min. (timetables: http://www.autobusubilietai.lt/).
See instructions in line 1. for further transportation from Kaunas railway or bus station to ASU.
University’s campus map at:
Transport information in Lithuania:
Transport information in Kaunas:
Kaunas airport information: phone: +370 37 399307, http://www.kaunasair.lt/index.php?lang=2&m=2&p=210
Kaunas train station information: phone: +370 37 221093, 292260.
Kaunas bus station information: phone: +370 37 409060, 409061;
International lines: phone: +370 37 322222.
Booking of RyanAir tickets to Kaunas airport at:
Touristic information of Kaunas:
Touristic information of Lithuania: